Monday, August 22, 2011

Never Giving Up!

Good day to all of you!

I woke up this morning with arrow quite ealrier than I would have liked. I started the coffee, first things first, and proceeded on to making a bowl of a very special treat, Lucky Charms. Our kids would be the most obedient kids ever if we would use Lucky Charms as a reward for it, but we will stick to the rod when needed. We finished our breakfast and I quickly realized that Arrow was not going to sit still while I tried to watch the Top 10 plays of yesterday. Neither was the Lord. So we went for a drive.

Evertime Arrow gets in the car she wants to listen to Uncle Johnny. Uncle Johnny is my brother in Law who is a worshipper who just so happens to make Arrows favorite songs. She sits and listens everytime. She loves the song "Never Giving Up". Shannon and I both know that He never gives up. We are very grateful that He never does, but I sometimes do.

We returned home and Arrow and I decided to go downstairs and play with Barbie Dolls and cars. I was reminded that Shannon had a dream not to long ago that this baby that she is pregnant with was a boy and he was going to be a Joshua. This clearly is not taken literally because we are having another girl. I soon picked up my Bible and read Joshua 1:9. I quickly realized that I am so often afraid and discouraged but in this scipture He commanded Joshua to be strong and of good courage and He will always be with him wherever he goes. What an amazing promise.

The reason I am saying all of this is because there are seasons that are rough. There are seasons where there is a pruning in process. There are seasons where we are faithless beings wondering what we are doing. But there are never seasons where He has given up on us or left us. We are the ones who put distance between us and the Lord. We are the ones who give up. We are the ones who must realize that He is really always with us wherever we may go.

We are still going to Hawaii. The timing has changed. We will not be going back until October 1st. We have received pledges that total $500 dollars a month. We are needing $2000 a month. We must be able to let YWAM know that we have this before we return. If the Lord has put it on your heart to partner with us in this adventure, please let us know soon. Thank you to all of you who have sown into us.

Sincerely,
Blake

 

No comments:

Post a Comment