Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Faith, Faith and a lot more Faith!

When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic "Son, your sins are forgiven you."(Mk 2:5)
This man was healed by the faith of these 4 men. This man didn't even do anything except literally just lay there and be lowered in. These 4 men were the catapult for the paralytics life being changed by Jesus. Not only was this man healed but his sins were forgiven. I want the faith that these 4 men had to see miracles this day and age.

And He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. Your suffering is over."(Mk 5:34) This woman's faith is brilliant. She fought for her healing. She knew that the very clothing that Jesus was wearing had His power in it to end her suffering. I believe that Jesus turned to her and was truly proud of this remarkable act of faith. I want to take such incredible actions of faith.

Then Jesus said to him, "Go your way, your faith has made you well." And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road.(Mk 10:52) This man was Bartimaeus. He heard that Jesus was coming and began saying, "Son of David, have mercy on me." Bartimaeus was told to be quiet by others yet he continued on shouting "Son of David, have mercy on me." Because of his being persistent Jesus summoned him. Bartimaeus wanted to see the Son of David. He then saw the Son of David. What an amazing first sight.

Shannon and I want this faith. I want my eyes to be opened in such faith that the first thing I see is the face of Jesus just like Bartimaeus. I want the faith of the woman who contended for healing. I want to be aggressive against the enemy and touch the man Christ Himself. I want to have the faith of the 4 men and lower my family, friends and the lost before Jesus so their lives may be changed. We have to walk in this powerful faith that will literally penetrate the forces that are set up against our lives.

We will not settle for anything less than this Biblical faith.

We are leaving for Europe in 2 mo. We still need finances by this Thursday for the downpayment for our trip. We know that the Lord is going to provide all of our needs. We are not beggars, we are sons and daughters of God.

We love all you guys. I would love to hear what you all think about the blog.

Sincerely,
Blake, Shay, Shiloh and Arrow Casteel

4 comments:

  1. I have been a blessed man just by getting the opportunity to serve alongside of this amazing family in YWAM. Blake, you Shannon, Shiloh and Arrow are a beautiful sign of the love of Christ in this earth. I'm praying for dramatic provision for you in this season. I'm glad to call you friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you guys have a blog.
    Could you put more details/stories/updates about your daily life?
    I'd love to know what you're all up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, faith-walking! Exhilerating, knee-knocking, white-knuckle, joy-inducing faith-walking! Gotta love it. Standing with your family on this great faith adventure!

    And as a follow-up to Heather's suggestion, here are some suggested Q's that will give us all a better sense of what life is like for you all on this great faith-adventure:
    Favorite Hawaiian destination?
    Shiloh's favorite pasttime?
    How many nationalities on campus? In your DTS? In your apartment complex?
    The native Hawaiian flower you like best?
    DTS speaker you've gotten the most out of? (Explain)
    Thing you miss the most from the mainland?
    Arrow's sleeping habits?
    What's God saying about your upcoming outreach to Europe? Dreams? Scriptures?
    Any new tattoos?
    Any other random factoid we need to know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the blog is awesome and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete